Designa Sausage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sausage maker in Korea

5 posters

Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty Re: New Sausage maker in Korea

Post  John Lovett Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:36 am

Hi Simon,
I get all my stuff from Janet, the delivery is good the customs sometimes arn't!! I do have skins I could give you until you get some if you wish? I have not treid getting them local, my local number is 010 9761 8531, the meat here is first class as you know, pork is pretty cheap but beef is another matter, if you can get imported it should be cheaper, I'm paying 92,000 for 2 Kilo, here on Geoje everything is expensive, but in saying that I get 8 kilo of Pork for 90,000 so I dont think that is to bad, if you can give me a call we can jack something up, around 6 PM is the best time to get me,
my work e mail is john.lovett@no.bp.com, best of luck and belive me you will be ran off your feet!! My wife made her first "solo" batch yesterday and they were spot on

John Lovett

Back to top Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty Making sausages in Korea

Post  cadwasi Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:23 am

John, I am so glad I found your post. I am also living in Korea, in the city of Changwon on the south coast near Busan. I have been missing a decent british banger and always wanted to start making my own. Do you know where I can buy the equipment and the sausage skins in Korea? I want to get started ASAP but I am sure I am going to have to make a trip to Seoul to pick everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Simon

cadwasi

Back to top Go down

Post  John Lovett Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:17 am

Well,

Getting my delivery tomorrow so the nice man at customs tells me!! been having great success with the Bacon and Sausage,trying some new takes to pep things up nothing major and mostly safe!! did go a little overboard with Chillie but it didn't hit you until to late, got some local spice from one of the girls in the office, no idea what they are but will have to try them, I have a few of the Koreans ordering sausages weekly, they like the taste!! So thats good, its nice to be nice, might try some on the customs man..

John Lovett

Back to top Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty Lorne Sausage

Post  spicey lady Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Just a note to say that Pepper Exotica seasoning is great is Lorne sausage. This can also be used as a dry rub on steak - makes it tender and tasty. See link below Laughing http://www.designasausage.com/pages/prods.asp?catid=2&subcatid=23

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty Going to Taipei Taiwan to live, make and cook British foods

Post  royboy Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi John,

I admire you are making sausage in Far East, I am so so fasinated by your blogs. I am very keen to connect with you as it seems you are doing what my Taiwanese wife and I are about to set out to do but in Taipei Taiwan. I am so interested to seek any advice when dealing with sausage making in alien environments, crazy temperatures, local culture and laws,customs things to watch out, I expect the list is endless. I appreciate Taiwan and Korea are quite different places but very similiar in many respects. My email is kingbear@live.co.uk

Thank you. I so wish you all the best : :

royboy

Back to top Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty Bacon

Post  John Lovett Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:44 am

Well another 15 kilo of Sausage was made last night half Lincolnshire and the rest Lorne, I am using bacon flavoured salt in the Lorne ( and black,white and red pepper corns) as I cant get Corriander( Janet is getting me some) and the results are outstanding, I also did 1 1/2 kilo of bacon about 11 days ago and got to try it this morning again hats off to the ladies it was fantastic sunny Can't wait to try some other spices, I will post the results, all I can say just now is the guy's here are loving it, I just need to get them involved in the making part.....

John Lovett

Back to top Go down

Post  John Lovett Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

Well made another batch last night 4 kilo and none left after walking into the office, did have a little trouble with the linking this time, strange, still practice makes perfect, I made some Lorne and that was very good, I might try some own make very soon and will post the results here,

Cheers,

John

John Lovett

Back to top Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty Lamb seasonings

Post  spicey lady Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks for your input John - sounds like you are going to be really busy! We recommend the Greek Gyros spice for Lamb sausages and the Garden Mint - you are sure to get more customers with these. Laughing Here is the link

http://www.designasausage.com/pages/prods.asp?catid=2&subcatid=23

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

Post  lambchops Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 am

Hi John just looking at your posting regarding the manual mincer, no you are not doing anything wrong, the manual mincer is fine for grinding up the meats but they are not the best for filling the skins, there is no doubt in my mind that what you need is a proper sausage stuffer, especially if your going to make batches of sausages often, the best type are the vertical machines and these come in a couple of sizes, if you look on the designasausage website you will see two types available, a 2kg and a bigger 5kg machine, which one would suit you depends on how much your going to make and how often!

Hope this of some help

Dave

lambchops

Back to top Go down

New Sausage maker in Korea Empty New Sausage maker in Korea

Post  John Lovett Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 am

Hi,

Well I have made my first two batches of Sausages now, and I must say what fun I have had, My wife as yet will not assist No so the manual machine might not last much longer, the problem I have is with the stuffing? you seem to need 3 hands, is it something I am not doing correct? As for the meat, pork is very easy to find here and compaired with other foods not to expensive, about 5 pound a Kilo, I have been using Shoulder as the fat content seems right, the sausage is staying together and not busting the skins, my next type is going to be lamb, however that is very expensive about 15 pounds a kilo, so any ideas on the spice etc will be fantastic, as I don't want to mess them up. The team here are working on an oil project so
I seem to have an increasing population to keep supplied, over 20 people now, there are about 8000 expats on this island so I look like being busy, hope I can fit it in with the 12 hour shifts.

Cheers,

John

John Lovett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down