Designa Sausage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Greece

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Greece Empty Re: Hello from Greece

Post  michele Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:52 pm

Thanks for that reply. Much appreciated. I will have a go and see how it turns out. I've had an idea about the gristly bits. The deli counter over here always cuts the thick skin and fat off their large hams before slicing it for the customers. I'll ask them to put that in a bag for me and try it. As long as I use the sausages straight away after making them - I think that will do the trick.

The ears sounds too yicky, although if I was making brawn I suppose I'd have at least one knocking about. affraid

bon apetit,

michele Very Happy

michele

Back to top Go down

Hello from Greece Empty Hello from Greece

Post  spicey lady Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Dear Michele
I would recommend the Sausage making Kit ( without machine ) from www.designasausage.com which comes with a choice of two seasonings - I recommend the Hot dog seasoning and a sweet Paprika seasoning ( to give the pink colour without E numbers ) I would then use 20g of Hot dog seasoning and 10g of Paprika Sweet. To get the cereal taste you would need to use about 300g of very dry breadcrumbs per 1kg meat and 200ml of iced water. To get the grissle - put in some pork skin with the meat, or pork ears and use a very cheap meat with a lot of fat. Everything we advise against basically !!!! No

Hope that this helps - let us know.

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

Hello from Greece Empty Hello from Greece

Post  michele Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:39 pm

We moved to live in Greece a while ago and the only thing I miss is a traditional British sausage.

I know this is a bit outside the usual reasons for joining this forum and the ethos of your whole business but...

How would I go about making a sausage from raw ingredients that would taste like a typical school dinner/cheapish British sausage?

We can get lots of delicious meaty wholesome organic sausages over here, that isn't a problem, but I miss the 'naughty' cereal laden pale pink stuff and I like the gristly bits, how do I get them into the equation?

If I could replicate that, without the E numbers it would be great.

I have managed to make my own Indian take away (there isn't one on the Greek Island we live on) and Chinese as well, but I am now ready to embark on a sausage voyage of discovery.

I have a Lidl sausage making machine I bought, so I just need the ingredients and the recipe.

Can you help?

michele

michele

Back to top Go down

Hello from Greece Empty Re: Hello from Greece

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum