Designa Sausage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer

4 posters

Go down

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer Empty Special Sausage Roll's

Post  Dogsbody Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Hey Yan

One of the most famous recipes in our house is Krisi's sausage rolls.

I'm not sure if they still sell them anymore but you used to be able to buy croissant pastry in cans.

If you can rool these out and cut into triangles big enough to fit your sausage. ON the pastry spread osme mustard,or red onion Chutney.

Brown the sausages and then place at one end of the triangle and roll to create the outer casing.

Cook until goldern brown.

You can even chance the filling as to what sausages ar einside, cranberry sauce for turkey ect...

Hope this Helps Smile
Dogsbody
Dogsbody

Back to top Go down

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer Empty Sausage rolls

Post  Yan Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi Spicy Lady,

What type of pastry would you recommend for the sausage rolls? Sounds like a good idea! And a healthy version of sausage rolls as you know what will be inside.

Cheers
Yan x

Yan

Back to top Go down

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer Empty Burgers from a sausage mix

Post  spicey lady Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Dear Wendy
Great to know that you will try my hint on getting sausage meat out of the mincer. The sausage mix makes great burgers or you can also roll pastry around to make superb sausage rolls and freeze for visitors.
Happy sausage making bounce

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer Empty Re: How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer

Post  lacywendy Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Spicy Lady

Thanks for that I made my first ones last night and didnt know how to deal with that so I used the handle of a wooden spoon and made the remains into a burger.

Wendy

lacywendy

Back to top Go down

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer Empty How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer

Post  spicey lady Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Here is a handy tip. When filling the casings - when there is still meat in the mincer - put some cheap bread into the mincer and this will push through the last bit of sausage mix. Very Happy

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer Empty Re: How to get the last bit of mix out of the mincer

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum