Designa Sausage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tika spice recipe

2 posters

Go down

Tika spice recipe Empty Re: Tika spice recipe

Post  crazzycat Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:50 pm

i like spices of all kinds try to cook this one!

crazzycat

http://www.userbarslist.com

Back to top Go down

Tika spice recipe Empty Tika spice recipe

Post  Yan Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi,

I have a really good recipe for using the Tika spice.
Please note that the spice amounts are estimates, and you may wish to adjust these for your own particular tastes.

Serves 2

2 Chicken breasts
3 desert spoons of tika spice
1 desert spoon of onion powder
1 1/2 desert spoons on chilli flakes
1/2 a small tub of cream/soft cheese (I'd recommend phili- the low fat version works well) OR 1/2 a medium pot of Greek yogurt (this can be low fat)

Method:
Place the tika spice, onion powder, chili flakes and cream cheese/yogurt into a mixing bowl and combine.
Make a pocket in the chicken breast and put a desert spoon of the mixture inside. Cover the chicken with the rest of the mixture.
Leave the chicken to marinade in the spice mixture for a few hours (I usually leave it for an afternoon)
To cook, place each chicken breast on a square of tin foil and gather so it forms a parcel. Place the parcels in the oven for roughly 30 minutes at 180/200 degrees C. For the last ten minutes open the parcels.

Some nice accompaniments are:

Take a medium-large potato per person. Peel. Slice each potato length ways so you have 'slabs' of potato. Place these in with the oven with the chicken. they should be nice and brown when finished. Slice them open and add a little bit of butter.

Take some curly kale, wash. Place a small amount of oil in a pan, and on a medium heat cook the kale with some chili flakes and cracked sea salt. It should take two-five minutes to cook.

Enjoy!
Yan x

Yan

Back to top Go down