Designa Sausage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difficulty "twisting"

3 posters

Go down

Difficulty "twisting" Empty Twister

Post  spicey lady Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:38 pm

First of all - the Base Ready mix is fine by itself and definately doesn't need more salt, The Farmhouse Ready mix is very good too for a plain sausage. When linking the sausages try squeezing then twisting - first one way - then the opposite. When you have two links - put them side by side and twist them together to make a loop. Happy sausagemaking!! Smile

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

Difficulty "twisting" Empty sausage twisting

Post  monster mincer Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi,

First of all i am new to this world of forums and have been looking at this site for a few weeks and now have joined.
I have been making several batches of sausages (28kgs) and still have problems twisting them,mine seem to come undone,i fill a long run at a time and then start twisting them one way and then the other,but i still have not got this as to how i would like it.
I now pinch the sausage with my left hand and twist with my right,has anyone got any advice for me please?

Also i would like to know if you can use the base mix on its own or would you need to add more salt to the mix, i have two boys who say all my sausages have too much pepper in them, they would like a plain sausage juicy sausage without being too hot,any advice please/

Thanks,

Monster mincer.

monster mincer

Back to top Go down

Difficulty "twisting" Empty Vacuum packing

Post  spicey lady Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Vacuum packing the sausages does give a longer shelf life but must not be vacuumed too much or they will flatten completely.

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

Difficulty "twisting" Empty Twisting

Post  spicey lady Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 pm

It sounds as though you are overfilling the skins - you should flatten them a little as they come out of the machine. Also remember to keep everything very cold. Pinch the skin at regular intervals and then twist each section in alternate directions. Leave in the fridge overnight to rest.

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

Difficulty "twisting" Empty Difficulty "twisting"

Post  Dannyg Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi,

I live overseas and was bought a full sausage making set-up for my BDay. So far all is great the sausages taste amazing!. The only difficulty I am having is twisting the sausasages. I am using collagen casings and find filling no prob., but when I twist they always end up unravelling. I have tried linking and folding through to create a double or triple string only to have the same result. I also find that over handling causes splitting of skins. Any advice or links to tutorials would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does vacuum packing give longer fridge life?

Dan

Dannyg

Back to top Go down

Difficulty "twisting" Empty Re: Difficulty "twisting"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum