Designa Sausage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just joined and thought I'd say Hi....

2 posters

Go down

Just joined and thought I'd say Hi.... Empty Sausage making again

Post  spicey lady Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Welcome back to sausage making ! Glad to hear that you care about what goes into your sausages. Let us all know how you get on and especially about the linking - do you have any tips ??
Cool

spicey lady

Back to top Go down

Just joined and thought I'd say Hi.... Empty Just joined and thought I'd say Hi....

Post  Banger Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:19 am

Hi everyone,

I'm now the proud owner of a home sausage making kit and am really looking forward to experimenting with it, yummy. Very Happy

When I was 17, I was a head-sausage maker (I was aware then of the very low standards of 'content' in sausages and tried to improve them , finally getting sacked in the process!) for a butcher shop in Glasgow, Brechin Brothers they were called. Over the years since then I've noticed that sausages have gotten even worse, almost tasteless and full of rubbish so eventually gave up buying them. Sad

Fortunately, I read a post on another forum about Designa Sausage and realised that perhaps I could make my own? I can't wait to try out the new kit, my mouth is actually watering at the thought of tasty sausages again. Very Happy

My favourite part of sausage making was the linking, very relaxing it was, all the noisy machines were switched off and we could chat and listen to the radio while linking. We linked in triples, don't know if that's still done these days, but I'm looking forward to trying it again - if I can remember how to! Laughing

Banger.

Banger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum